After successful testing, we launched the production of new series (M-series) of eCCR controllers and intelligent HUD.
In previous versions of the AVeCCR controllers and HUD-s, the analog signal from the oxygen cells was transmitted to the controller via a common cable along with the power supply and the solenoid control signal. It imposed serious requirements on the quality of the cable and the entire connection in terms of high noise immunity and insulation level and was making usage of detachable connection difficult.
Further, the digitized noise-free signal is transmitted via a common M-bus to the controller or intelligent HUD. When using multiple control devices (AV1eCCR-M + HUD-sM or AV1eCCR-M + AV1FM), the appropriate number of converters is used. It makes the system completely independent.
Switching to the M-bus allowed using the well-recommended IP68 connector for connecting a controller or HUD. For today the M-series version of the AV1eCCR-M, AV1eCCR-M2 (internal power supply) and the updated HUD-sM are available for order.
An internal battery can be installed into the AV1eCCR-M controller (external power supply, standard body) on request. This lets using the controller as a common decompression meter without connecting to a rebreather.
The updated HUD-sM is produced in a new case. Its electronics are completely redesigned, control via wet contacts has become much more convenient and safe. The HUD itself is completely filled with compound, which completely eliminates the possibility of water flowing into the device.
Since July 1, 2020, all controllers and HUD-s will be available in the M-series version. If required, the previous version will also be available on a separate order.
• Number of measuring channels / indication: 3.
• PO2 measurement accuracy: 0.1 bar.
• Indication: 3 channels with 5 LEDs each.
• Independent indication: 2 LEDs (red and green) with connection to AV1f or AV1eCCR.
• Battery: AAA battery 1.5 V.
• Uninterrupted operation duration: not less than 100 hours.
• Tested depth: 250 meters.
• Calibration: air or oxygen.
• Operation temperatures range: -10 ⁰С..+45 ⁰С
• Dimensions: diameter 24mm, length 80mm.
• Channels’ input impedance: 50 kOhm.
AV1eCCR controller manages the solenoid and supports preset setpoint based on information received from oxygen cells. Oxygen is supplied by the solenoid in cycles: every 5 seconds – fixed pause, and 0.2-20 seconds – Oxygen supply. Time of Oxygen supply is calculated by the controller and depends on several factors:
• difference between the setpoint and O2 level change in the loop (proportional share);
• O2 level change speed in the loop (differential share);
• weighted error time (integral share).
AV1eCCR controller can work with any solenoids: normal-closed, maximal operative current – not more than 500 mA and maximal voltage when the solenoid is safely & reliably opened is not more than 5V. Such solenoids are installed on all modern rebreathers: Inspiration, Megalodon, Revo, Hummerhead, etc.